Source code of research project using L4Android available

Mai, Haohui haohui.mai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 04:44:44 CET 2013

Hi folks,

I'm Haohui Mai, a Ph.D. student from University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign. I'm happy to announce that the source code of ExpressOS
is available at:

https://github.com/ExpressOS/expressos

ExpressOS is a high assurance OS architecture that enforces a number of
high-level security invariants to improve the security of mobile
applications. The enforcement has been formally verified with much less
effort than previous work, making it feasible in real-world practice.

The paper in ASPLOS'13 describes the technical details of the ExpressOS.

ExpressOS is able to run unmodified Android applications. The
implementation of ExpressOS heavily uses L4Android and related projects.

I really appreciate L4Android and related projects, and the help I got from
the mailing lists. They makes this research project possible.

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Haohui