L4Android boot process not completed successfully ("cannot find /system/...")

Itamar O itamarost at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 06:16:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Matthias Lange <
mlange at sec.t-labs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 06/24/2013 06:51 AM, Itamar O wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Matthias Lange
> > OK, when I mount the rootfs image (that I downloaded from the L4Android
> > site), I can see the l4bdds[0,1,2] nodes (see below).
> > But looking at init.rc, I don't see anywhere these nodes are used in any
> > way, or anything mounted on /system.
> > Is this normal?
>
> This looks ok. However I am missing the init.l4.rc. I can recall that
> you mentioned it in an earlier email. Where was that from?
>
> Matthias.

The only file similar to "init.l4.rc" I could find in the project tree is
"init.l4android.rc", and it was located in the configs/android/arm/sect/
l4android.
I could not see this file in the ramdisk, or in the final iso image.
Where is it supposed to be? What part of the system is responsible for
processing it?