L4Android boot process not completed successfully ("cannot find /system/...")

Itamar O itamarost at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 14:29:33 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Matthias Lange <
mlange at sec.t-labs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 08:06:28AM +0300, Itamar O wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Itamar O <itamarost at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think I've got it!
> >
> > I tried downloading the prebuilt iso from the website and running it
> > (lx_ginger.iso) - and it worked fine.
> > So I compared the init.rc files from the rootfs image I was using (as
> > downloaded from the website),
> > and from the rootfs image that was in the working iso image:
> > itamar at bender:~/AndroidWorkspace$ diff
> root/image/from/working/iso/init.rc
> > root/image/from/web/site/init.rc
> > 8c8
> > < loglevel 3
> > ---
> > > loglevel 3
> > 43c43
> > < #    mkdir /system
> > ---
> > >     mkdir /system
> > 95,99d94
> > *<    mount cramfs /l4bdds0 /system*
> > *<    mount cramfs /l4bdds0 /system ro remount*
> > *<    mount tmpfs tmpfs /data size=32M*
> > *< #   chown system system /data*
> > *< #   chmod 0771 /data*
> > 194d188
> > <     setprop net.dns1 10.0.2.3
> > 351a346
> > >     socket dnsproxyd stream 0660 root inet
> > 445a441,443
> > > service powerbtnd /system/bin/powerbtnd
> > >     user root
> > >
> > 449,450d446
> > <     disabled
> > <     oneshot
> > 457,460d452
> > < service dhcpcd /system/bin/dhcpcd -o domain_name_servers -ABKL
> > <     disabled
> > <     oneshot
> > <
> > 481a474,475
> > >
> > > #REMOVE FROM HERE
> >
> > So I copied off the system and root images from the iso into my build
> > directory,
> > instead of the downloaded images,
> > and when building my iso using these images - everything works fine.
>
> Ok, great that you got it working.
>
> Did you build Android for x86? Because then there is a bug in our config so
> that the build system is missing to copy init.l4android.rc to the root fs.
>
> Matthias.

Yes, I did build for x86.

Next I would like to make some modifications.
Could you please supply pointers to how to achieve any or all of my next
goals?
1. Dual boot Android and Linux.
2. Modify the microkernel to send certain events from the Android VM to the
Linux VM (e.g. specific sycalls).
3. Build the entire system for ARM instead of x86.

Thanks,
- Itamar.